[na-user] WPX

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com dap14@daimlerchrysler.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:00:29 -0500

K5IID wrote:

"I noticed that in the WPX contest mode, after you enter the call of the
station you are working, if you hit F-10, the bearing does not come up as
it
does in the other contests.Actually, I'm not sure that it does come
up in all the other contests , but it does in some for sure."

The reason this does not work is because you are checking the multiplier
status of a particular prefix, and if you've not worked it, it is not on
the multiplier list and no information is returned.  On the other hand, in
a DX contest you're checking a country which already exists and hence
information is returned, even if you've not worked it.

This might seem to be a subtle distinction to some, but it is how the code
works.  F10 is not a "find a beam heading" key, it is a "check multiplier"
key. This is how NA has always worked, which is not to say it cannot be
changed.

K8CC