[na-user] La QSO Party and Texas QSO Party

k8cc k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net>
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 20:48:58 -0400

At 06:49 PM 9/23/00 -0400, W5HNS@aol.com wrote:

>I have considered travelling to Louisiana for the start of the Louisiana QSO
>Party
>with the intentions of working both contests concurrently once the Texas QSO
>Party begins on Saturday.  Looks like logging problems !!  Louisiana requires
>a serial number in their exchange.  Texas does not.  How do I handle this??

Henry,

I don't see any way to get around it without having two logs.  If you have
a Windows laptop, you could have two separate DOS windows, each with its
own copy of NA running, one set up for Texas, another for Louisiana.

On a more practical note, stop for a minute and consider how confusing this
is going to be if W5HNS operates two contests simultaneously from two
different states.  Just because you can keep it straight does not mean the
other contestants can.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com