[na-user] Where is the CW/PTT Delay Setting?

k8cc k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net>
Wed, 23 May 2001 23:12:26 -0400

At 01:11 AM 5/23/01 -0500, R.S.Hradilek wrote:
>I am one of those that need this feature, and can't find it in NA. The
>PTT works fine, but the delay is needed because the relay in my
>AL-1500 keys too slowly to amplify the first dit in my call. The rig
>sees a high SWR as the relay closes and temporarily goes QRP.

Unfortunately, NA does not have this feature.  Its needed to fix the
condition Roy describes, plus some FT-1000MPs need PTT delay or else they
won't key CW.  (Note: K9TM has two FT-1000MPs - one has this problem, the
other doesn't - wierd).

I've looked at adding this.  Its not too hard for the computer sent CW, but
is a lot more involved for paddle sending.

One short term solution for the CW memories would be to add a space at the
beginning of each message which would force the PTT on, then start
sending.  However, this is not a good solution.

I'll look into this again.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com