[NA-User] NA1053 Problems

Gary D Elliott k7ox@pipeline.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:43:00 -0800

Greetings

Trying to get set up for SS and having a problem with NA1053 also tried
NA1052 and have same problems. The software will not run in CW.  The
function keys for the keyer will not work.  I used this software  last in a
CW contest and it worked fine.  I have tried to different computers, same
result.

I load the software for CW and the following settings:

Equipment Control Panel

Keyer is toggled on

Serial Port Device

Com 1 set at none

Equipment Configuration

CW keying
CW Port LPT1
Paddle Port LPT1

I originally set up the computer for radio control on comm 1 and it worked
fine but still no cw keying.  When it was configured for Radio control, the
software would come up in SSB mode ???? use of ctrl keys would not change
mode nor would ALT  F1 change freq. So for now took the radio control out
until I could get the software to run in CW.

Note: Practice mode works fine and all the function keys and control keys
work as they should.

Obviously "Cockpit Error" here but what ???  Would appreciate any
suggestions help with my problem.