[NA-User] NA with Top Ten decoder

Jon Zaimes AA1K jon.zaimes@dol.net
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:57:54 +0000

I'm using a Top Ten decoder box and NA. I have a straight 25-pin to 25-pin
cable connecting the computer LPT1 port to J1, the input connector on the
Top Ten box.

When I change bands on the keyboard, the Top Ten box switches correctly in
the AUTO position, except on 80 meters. When I QSY to 80 (either using the
keyboard or the bandswitching on the FT1000MP), the Top Ten goes to 40
meters instead. I can use the manual switch on the Top Ten and it then goes
to 80 OK.

Any ideas? Does this take some other cable configuration to connect the two
other than the standard 25-25 cable?

73/Jon AA1K