[NA-User] Marking a QSO to zero points?

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com dap14@daimlerchrysler.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:36:27 -0500

Juha,

This is certainly a valid question.  Its surprising that its not been dealt
with already.

I would copy the note you sent to CQ to Trey Garlough, N5KO as well.  Trey
is the keeper of the Cabrillo standard and is one of the people who needs
to be convinced of the need for this in order for some method of zeroing
QSO points to be incorporated in the Cabrillo standard.

If QSOs can't be zeroed in the Cabrillo file, then it falls on the contest
sponsors to correct this in their scoring process.  In your example from
OH6XX, the CQWW checkers would have to recognize that OH6XX is a
multi-single and remove the ER1OO QSO as violating the ten-minute rule.  If
Cabrillo can't zero a QSO, then it would only be fair that removing this
QSO would not re-classify OH6XX to multi-multi or incur a penalty.

If Cabrillo will incorporate a "points zeroing" rule, then we'll
incorporate it into NA immediately.

73,

Dave/K8CC

                    "Juha Rantanen"
                    <oh6xx@sral.fi>          To:     <NA-User@contesting.com>
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    na-user-admin@cont       Subject:     Re: [NA-User] Marking a QSO to zero points?
                    esting.com

                    11/28/2001 07:27
                    AM

I forwarded the question to CQ now we just have to wait for the answer. I
will forward the CQ's answer here as soon as I get it. The old one line log
format was better in this kind of cases as one could mark points manually
(the .prn file nowadays).

Juha OH6XX