[NA-User] master.dta

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com dap14@daimlerchrysler.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:45:30 -0400

Steve,

By enabling "autocheck", you've told NA that you want the check partial
window to be refreshed with each keyboard keystroke.  However, this only
refreshes the window by checking against callsigns you've worked already
(i.e., that are in the log).

To check against a call database (i.e. a .DTA file full of callsigns off
the hard disk) you have to tell NA what database to use.  To do this, get
into the main NA logging screen and type the word CALLDATABASE (one word,
no spaces) in the callsign field and press <enter>.  A window will pop up
listing the different .DTA files on your hard disk in the default directory
- use the movable bar to pick one and now autocheck will check against the
calls in that file as well as the calls from your log.

In doing this procedure, the name of the .DTA file is saved in your .QDF
log file.  If you exit NA then restart the log this particular .DTA will
still be enabled.

Note: NA does not require the call database to be named MASTER.DTA.  The
files can be named whatever you want so that multiple .DTA files can be
kept on the hard disk (maybe all calls, DX only, W/VE only, etc.) and
specific ones selected for use with a particular log file.

73,

Dave/K8CC

                    "Steve Daniel"
                    <nn4t@bellsouth.ne       To:     <NA-User@contesting.com>
                    t>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [NA-User] master.dta
                    na-user-admin@cont
                    esting.com

                    10/26/2001 12:51
                    AM

If someone can be of help with this I would surely  appreciate it. I
downloaded the latest NA and also the master.dta file from  K1EA.com. If I
was informed correctly this file is good for both CT and NA. I  unzipped it
and moved it into my NA folder. I typed "options" and then enabled  the
''autocheck" feature. I am not able to access the database, however. I am
sure I am overlooking something simple as I am not very computer literate.
Can  someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! Steve,  NN4T.

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.