[NA-User] NA under Windows 2000

Hank Kohl K8DD k8dd@arrl.net
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:57:17 -0400

I just tried NA Ver. 10.52 from a Command Prompt on this Windows 2000
5.00.2195 Service Pack 1 and loaded a log with 1172 QSO's.

Only thing active on the Equipment menu was Keyer - the CW sounds
really strange on the speaker, which is understandable.

Alt-X, E and Alt-X, W worked fine and it closed the Command Prompt
window with either EXIT or clicking on the X.

I believe I've had the same results with my Dell Lattitude laptop with
Windows 2000 and Service Pack 2.  I've also run NA from a mapped drive
on another computer with no noticeable degradation.

This desktop and the laptop both are formatted with FAT file systems so
I can go to real DOS and see the hard drives - only use NTFS on the
servers.
I have had the "hung Command Prompt window" on Windows 9x and NT4.0,
but I believe it was mother board related.  At least that's the only
thing different that I could see between the computers involved.

73    Hank    K8DD