[NA-User] NA serial keying under Windows

Ed Taylor, G3SQX LaRecolte@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:50:42 -0000

I've been unable to get serial CW keying working with NA when running in a
DOS window under Windows 98.  It works fine if I boot up into the DOS
command prompt, but once Windows has started, NA doesn't seem able to key my
COM1 or COM2.  Parallel keying is fine in both cases, and (more puzzlingly)
rig control works OK either in a DOS-booted command prompt or under Windows.

Any ideas?  By the way, SD will key OK under Windows or DOS, and TR behaves
identically to NA -- I suppose that suggests there's a Windows thing that NA
is not doing (and TR the same).  COM port resources are all standard.

73,

Ed, G3SQX