[NA-User] Cabrillo Question

Dave Pruett k8cc@mediaone.net
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 09:34:46 -0500

Tom,

At 09:26 AM 12/31/01 -0600, kb0mzg wrote:
>In my continuing battle with the new Cabrillo format when I submitted my
>log for the ARRL 10m Contest the "robot" kicked it back.  After a quick
>e-mail this was the reply received:
>
>"Each of your QSO lines is missing the complete sent exchange:  Your state
>(KS)
>does not appear on any of the lines.  This is a line from your file:
>
>QSO: 28520 PH 2001-12-15 0000 KB0MZG       59        W6YX         59  CA
>
>A correct QSO: line would look like this:
>
>QSO: 28000 PH 2001-12-15 0053 HL1/WX8C      59  1      W7EJ          59  OR
>
>(In this case as a DX station WX8C sends a serial number)."
>
>I assume that my state (in this case KS.) should be between the initial 59
>and W6YX.  I have redone the file a number of times and it always comes out
>in this form.  Is there a simple way to do this without resorting to MS
>editor?  (BTW I am using NA 10.53)

The Cabrillo file format is pretty simple. Each QSO line starts with
the"QSO:" identifier, followed by the frequency and mode, date and time,
then your call and sent information and finally the callsign of the station
worked and received information.

You are correct that your location (KS) should appear for the 10M contest
after the sent RST, but  before the received callsign.  This information
comes from the Log File Information screen in NA under "Exchange
Information", "Location". You probably overlooked filling in this field
when you created the log file.

Fill in this field, then re-write the logs to disk and you should be all set.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
http://www.datomonline..com