[NA-User] LPT pinouts

David A. Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 00:11:20 EST 2003

Bob,

Your wish is about to come true...

Since I was digging in to fix the ARRL 10M mixed mode spot problem
identified by NX5M, I decided to tackle this as well.  The changes have
been made to NA, and verified with by TopTen DXDoubler, but the Array
Solutions SO2R should work as well.

One slight issue arises when we try to commonize with the "standard" LPT
pinouts used by the other programs.  None of them (to the best of my
knowledge) support the mono/stereo control from the computer.  This seems
confirmed when I review the schematic for my DXDoubler.  If you're using a
DXDoubler you'll need to set Jumper1 and Jumper3 as documented for
CT/TR/WL, but Jumper2 will need to be set in the NA position.  (This jumper
does nothing in the CT/TR/WL position.)

The end result should be a set of jumper positions which will alleviate the
need to open the box to switch between programs.

These changes will be in 10.60 which will appear on the web site some time
this weekend.  I originally planned to do this tonite, but I have to clean
up some stuff to get an official release together.  I'll post a note here
on the reflector when the new version is on the site.

73,

Dave/K8CC