[NA-User] Sprint logic

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 09:38:11 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/27/04 8:08:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jpotter at JoiMail.com writes:

>  Also, I was
> wondering if I could get a few suggestions for setting up the function keys
> for the sprint especially with the qsy rule.

I've never really tried the Sprint Logic function, but I'm not real keen on
keys that send different messages at different times.  So I set up my CW
memories as follows:

1.     CQ NA K8MR NA
2.     DE K8MR NR # JIM OH
3.     K8MR NA
4.     K8MR
5.     (Other Guys Call)
6.     QSO B4 K8MR NA
7.     @ TU NR # JIM OH K8MR

So when I've called a guy and logged his exchange, I hit F7 and its all done.
 When a guys answers my CQ, I hit insert as normal.

The F3 memory get used after an exchange when I will get the frequency. But
first pause a second, because often guys will call as soon as the other guy
QSLs.  (Or sooner  :-<  ).  When I'm leaving the frequency, and want to QSL, I
send "R" with the paddle.  The F3 memory can also be used as an extra short CQ.

In fact in nearly every contest, I set up the F7 key as an S&P Exchange, i.e.
  "TU 5NN OH".

73   -   Jim  K8MR