[NA-User] LPT for CW and external voice keyer

R.S.Hradilek ids at nol.net
Wed Nov 3 19:18:00 EST 2004

> Are you using it in true DOS or in a Windows Window? Under 2000 and XP I
> believe it will not address the com or printer ports.

I have found it necessary to boot straight to a DOS prompt in order
to reliably get access to comm ports. Using "ReStart in MS-DOS Mode"
does not work. You can boot to the DOS prompt by banging on the F8
key when starting Windows, or by editting the hidden file MSDOS.SYS
to set the parameter BOOTGUI=0. (To get back into Windows, type "Win"
like in the 3.1 days).

The above paragraph applies to Win98 and 95 systems. I don't
understand why anyone would want ME, NT, 2000 or XP on their shack PC
when contest software is DOS based.

Roy -- AD5Q