[NA-User] ADIF County conversion program for contest logs

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 8 08:45:00 EDT 2004

I have written the first version (0.1) of a program to convert county
abbreviations in contest logs into valid ADIF format.  The program reads
and writes ADIF files only.  It supports the TX and CA QSO parties, and
only supports Writelog (<CNTY:>) and NA (<comment:>) formats at this time.

You can try it by going to:

	http://www.ad1c.com/dx4win/

and following the link at the top of the page.

This program should work in both DOS and Windows.  If your ADIF received
county field is not supported, send me your .ADIF file as an attachment and
I'll add support for it.

If you want any other QSO parties supported, let me know. It's not much
work to add them.

Note: I have not tried this program with mixed counties and states (i.e.
CAQP from CA side).  Try it and see.  County lines are NOT supported yet
(i.e. IL, IN QSO parties).  That should not be too difficult to add if
there is interest.

73 - Jim AD1C

p.s. Feel free to cross-post this announcement to the various logging
reflectors (DXlab, DXbase, etc.).
      I have already posted it to DX4WIN.

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC