[NA-User] NA 10.59 Alt - V CW Speed

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 21:10:39 EDT 2005

Joe,

Perhaps it's not clear how this works.

When you start up NA on CW, there are two CW speeds: the current one (i.e.,
the one currently in effect) and an "alternate" value in the
background.  Initially (with a new file) these are both set to 30 WPM.

If you adjust the current value say, to 34 WPM and then press alt-V, the
speed will change to 30 WPM (i.e., the current value is now the alternata
value and vica versa).  If you press alt-V another time, the speed will
again be 34 WPM.

The way I personally use these speeds is to have fast and slow speeds just
a keypress away for a quick QRS or QRR when running stations.  For example,
the second day of SS, I'll have one speed on 32 WPM and the other on 28
WPM.  If I'm CQing at 32 WPM and a slow station calls me, with a simple
alt-V I'm down to 28 WPM to work him.  WHen I'm done, another alt-V puts me
back to my original speed.

I hope this clarifies how the alt-V function works.

73,

Dave/K8CC