[NA-User] 1061 Issues WPX CW M/M

Robert Pack (NX5M) nx5m at txcyber.com
Sat May 27 16:00:16 EDT 2006

5 computers set up in a LOOP network.
Problem 1 that keeps popping up..........
20m station..........when a dupe call is typed in and the spacebar is pressed the keyboard locks up.  This is the only time it happens and has been at least 15 times already.  Have to totally shut down the computer.  Changed keyboards.........no difference.
Problem 2........10m station occasionally has the computer default to 160SSB and will not get back on the right band without shutting down the computer.
Problem 3.........I have yet to get the operator to write down the error message.......but on occasion the computer dumps to a C prompt and requires a total restart.

As a side notation.............moved all stuff back to version 1060 with the same results except that we have not seen the problem with the 10m station.

Only thing different that has been done here is a LOOP network has been installed instead of a LINK.

Any ideas?

Bob NX5M
Almost ready to send everyone home and quit the contest.........too many headaches.