[NA-User] keyboard freq entry causes mode change

M Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Fri Aug 31 00:26:17 EDT 2007

        During NAQP recently, we ran Multi-2, with two ICOM 756 Pro II's, and
dos computers running NA 1063. Noticed that when using the computer keyboard to
direct enter frequency on 10, 15 or 20 meters, the mode would swap from USB to
LSB. A quick press of the buttom on the radio made things right. Then you scan
the band for mults, hit the top and, to QSY quicker, enter the freq for the
bottom of the band again and boom, radio goes to the right frequency, but also
swaps back to LSB again. This only seems to happen to the three upper bands. If
already in LSB or CW mode, direct entry does not force change.
        I have not tried any other templates, or other rigs. For the record, I
have changed the hex address of the rig(s) to emulate a standard Icom 756 Pro.
This happened on each of the two radios, both with and without the networking
function enabled.
        Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

73!
Mark, K5ER

"Putting NORTH Louisiana on the contest map"