[NA-User] WWSA Contest.

Eric Rosen kr2aa at arrl.net
Tue Jun 5 20:54:05 PDT 2012

TO ALL NA:

This is the latest information about WWSA contest  from  Alberto Silva -
LU1DZ.

This man stays behind the contest for so  many years and puts all his
efforts to keep CW  alive in LU and WW.

I was lucky enough to meet him and his friends from GACW during my trip to
Buenos Aires.

To the question  ' CW or not CW..?' they have the only answer : CW.

If you agree with  their answer let's support GACW by participating in WWSA.
Good Luck!

73 - Eric KR2AA

Argentino de Radiotelegrafia

(GACW).

The focus is on South America, as the 24 hour contest runs

from 1500 GMT on Saturday 9 June to 1500 on Sunday 10June.

We has been trying hard in recent years to get more US and Canadian stations
to join in the WWSA CW Contest,

and those that tune in during the 24 hour contest period should recognize a
very familiar rhythm.

The contest exchange is the same as CQ WW, using a signal report and your CQ
zone. Example: 59905, 59911, etc.

Multipliers are also counted the same way, making it a familiar format.
Country + CQ zone
Just like CQ WW, contacts between stations in your home country are okay for
zone or country multipliers,

but have zero point value.

Same continent = 1 pt - Different continet = 3 pts.

There is one difference in how your score is totaled, as South American
stations are worth extra points - 5 points

for stations outside of South America.
It is a kind of a contest in which all the South Americans will play the
role of difficult DX since we grant special points.

For this edition, as we did the previous year, we will grant electronic
Diplomas to the winners of the most important

categories and when the score justifies it.

In our web site you can find multilingual rules, results, pictures and
videos, software, etc.
There is a new address for your WWSA 2012 logs = logs at wwsatest.org

WWSA web site www.wwsatest.org
GACW web site http://gacw.no-ip.org

We will be very happy to contact you in the CW HF bands...!!!

73,

Alberto SILVA  -  LU1DZ