[Nodxa] W8MET

Phil KL8DX akdxer at livingindenali.net
Tue Jul 18 21:52:05 EDT 2006

Hi John!

I live in the Denali Borough, 11 miles north of the Denali National Park entrance. The small town that I live in is Healy, Alaska. I am approximately 2 hours south of Fairbanks and 5 hours north of Anchorage.  The town of Healy has about 1200 year around residents and since my XYL and I both work for NPS, we only have a short drive to work. DXing is plenty different here.  Guys to the north and south of me hear so much better. I firmly believe I have an RF absorption cloud over my QTH several days out of the month.  I miss the widespread DX I could hear on the bands back there.  I have gone days up here not hearing a peep.  I am still building my station but I am a little behind schedule on my antennas.  I have my rotor being fixed for my 2nd tower, which is 3/4 up, and I hope to have the remainder of my antennas up before the end of summer. We have had plenty of rain this year so I have spent more time inside than out.

Thanks for posting your numbers!  I was working on my 5 band before Ohio and I was somewhere around 307 approved so it was a bummer to have to start all over again.  But, the price ya pay for living in paradise I guess ; )

Phil KL8DX

snip

Phil,

Interesting, my 10m is 849 from 1990.  80m is 315, 40m is 358. Don't know
where the 160 certificate is; probably rolled up in the tube somewhere.

Tedd was asking me if you were in AK.  Guess you are.  Where in AK?

John K8YSE