[Nodxa] Fwd: Luncheon Attendees UPDATE

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org
Sun Nov 20 09:19:24 PST 2011

*It's that time of the year again. BIG GUN Dennis - W8NW and I have been
in touch, and we're ready to roll with another edition of our "Day after
Thanksgiving" get together. Those who have attended in the past know how
nice it is to get together with fellow DXers, contesters, story tellers,
or more likely, a combination of all 3!*
**
*There are no formal speeches, although there have been known to be
"informal discussion groups" on such topics as:*
**
*"Why Use a 12BY7 driver when a 3-500Z is so much more efficient?"*
**
*"Converting Your Crystallizing Aluminum Elements to Galvanized Steel"*
**
*"Surplus Sources for 3 inch Hardline"*
**
*"Clicking Your Way to Low Band Success"*
**
*Last year we met at Chris's Cafe in Mansfield. The owner retired, but
his grandsons have taken over, and it is now called the Red Brick Diner.
The menu has changed a little, but still features some of the long time
favorites, like Hungarian Goulash. As a matter of fact, here is the
current menu:*
**
*http://www.redbrickdiner.com/*
**
*Dennis will try to make arrangements at the facility again. We had
plenty of room to move around and talk.*
**
*We gather around noon .. and the festivities are generally over by 2 or
2:30, That gives you plenty of time to get home, rest for a bit, and
operate CQWW CW if that's your bag. Either way, you'll have spent some
time with some pretty good folks. Last year we even had a door prize.
Anyone else have something they'd like to contribute to the cause? If
so, let me know.*

*I guess what I'd like to do at this point is to get a "rough head
count" of who plans to attend this event. Each year I try to get the
initial notice sent to everyone who should receive it, and I always seem
to miss a few. Please let me know if you think someone not shown above
should get this notice. Some folks change email addresses often too, and
I don't always get bounces from their ISPs. HELP ME!*

*ATTENTION: NODXA folks -- if you have an upcoming meeting (it has been
done!), please tell any/all members that they're welcome. Just let me
know who may be coming.*
**
*SOOO, what's your pleasure? RSVP.*
**
*Thanks and 73*
**
*Don K8MFO*

--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org --or-- kb8nw at arrl.net
Editor of the "Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin" (OPDX - "DXer's Tool of Excellence")