[Nodxa] Fwd: 2011 Cleveland Hamfest - Important Notice re: parking

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Sep 24 18:19:47 PDT 2011

From: n8usk at hac.org
To: hamfest-announce at hac.org
Sent: 9/24/2011 9:17:45 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: [Cleveland Hamfest] 2011 Cleveland Hamfest -  Important Notice

This is a QST to all Radio Amateurs planning to  attend the 2011 Cleveland
Hamfest.

Due to wet conditions at the  Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, the parking lot
that we normally use is unsuitable  for parking. Based on this some
logistical changes have been made to the  historical traffic flow for the Cleveland
Hamfest.

Specifically:

- We will be routing all vehicle  traffic in through what has historically
been the vendor gate.
- We will be  parking attendees, who normally park outside the fence on the
grass, inside the  fence on pavement, gravel or dry grassy areas.
- Because of this, we will be  selling all admission tickets as vehicles
enter the premises, as you have  probably experienced at other hamfests,
rather than at the walk-up ticket  booth.

Please understand that this change is due to circumstances  outside of the
control of the Hamfest Association of Cleveland. We ask that you  be
flexible as we are working hard with a 100% volunteer crew to continue to  present
the 2011 Cleveland Hamfest for the benefit of the Northeast Ohio amateur
community.

The weather looks promising for tomorrow morning, so we  hope to see all of
you in Berea.

If you have any questions as you  arrive at the fairgrounds tomorrow, you
can reach the Talk In station on  146.73/R (negative offset, 110.9PL) or on
444.9/R (positive offset,  131.8PL).

Thanks, & 73!