[Nodxa] ARRL VHF Contest this weekend

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 07:31:29 PDT 2012

A reminder to all that the ARRL June VHF Contest is this weekend, from 2pm
EDT Saturday to 11pm EDT Sunday. This is the absolute best weekend of the
year  for activity on the VHF bands, though we can always use more.

Nearly all radios made in the past 10 years cover six meters, so hook  up
some sort of antenna and check out things at the high end. If six is open it
does not take much of an antenna to make some qsos. A dipole will do the
trick  (10 feet total length).  Also, many tribanders and 40 meter beams will
load  up on six. They won't be killer antennas, but they do work.

Contest exchange is your grid square. Six meter SSB activity is from
50.125 and up. If the band opens there is often CW activity around 50.090.

And if you can do 2 meter SSB/CW, all the better. Check around  144.200.

I hope to hear and work lots of you this weekend!

73  -  Jim  K8MR