[Nodxa] [Nouvel article] Departure for Mayotte for our 7 operators

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org
Mon Oct 27 09:24:00 EDT 2014

Tromelin Update.....

Departure for Mayotte for our 7 operators
by Flo

In a handful of hours, the totality of the team will meet in Mayotte
island (FH) which will be finally our starting point. Some operators are
already there, others are about to arrive. After ultimate checks, we
will fly toward Tromelin thursday morning at the crack of dawn. We hope
to start the operations in the evening. Even if all the indicators are
green, we will be serene only once on the island because unforeseen
hitches can still happen.

The last week, an opportunity to complete the team with one more person
happened. After validation by the authorities and by the pilot of our
chartered plane, we asked Guillaume F4FET to go to Mayotte. He was on a
waiting list since the beginnings, ready to leave at any moment in case
of last minute desistance and had carried out the medical check-up. In
parallel, he took part to the organistion of the operation in particular
on the topic “Energy”. Friday evening, its participation has been
validated definitively.

This positive last minute change will allow us to increase significantly
our presence on the air, and thus your chances of QSO with Tromelin.

The pressure goes up and the motivation is huge ! We'll give you some
news from Mayotte, just before to leave for Tromelin !

--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:
<kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org> <kb8nw at hotmail.com> <kb8nw at arrl.net>