[Nodxa] NODXA CQWW WPX SSB Pre-Contest Luncheon

K8MFO--- via Nodxa nodxa at lists.contesting.com
Fri Mar 20 16:47:39 EDT 2015

Hi Tedd and the rest of you wild party  types!

I've held off on responding until I knew  if I would be able to attend.
Unfortunately, I cannot.

The "winter that never went away" was a  little tough down here in Amish
Country.    Let's not talk about  the frozen pipes or the free wheeling
antennas on the big tower   ...

The latest problem is the collapse of my  very old tile culvert at the end
of my driveway.   This has filled the  ditch to my south to the very top
... One more rainstorm and water will be  running over my county road ..
Just this afternoon I  received my 2 approved permits from the County
Engineer, so that work can  begin.   The contractor who is doing the work says it
will happen on  Friday the 27th, unless it is pouring rain.

SOOOO, I will not be in attendance  ...   Sadly, it looks like none of the
other Wayne Countians will be  there either to offer counsel and advice  ...
  Sorry to miss an  event with such a lively crowd!     I just noticed that
K8ZH  will be there ... he is just a few miles from the Wayne County line,
and I'm  sure can offer advice on how to clear a frequency in the contest
with a power  mike!!

73

Don K8MFO

In a message dated 3/20/2015 4:28:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,