[Nodxa] Fwd: Annual CQWW CW Contest Luncheon - November 30, 2016

K8MFO at aol.com K8MFO at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 07:45:32 EST 2016

Here is my first PROGRESS REPORT, along with a few  other tidbits ..

First of all, there was a TYPO in my first  message.    The Dutch Kitchen
is on Route 30, not   230.    You probably figured that out.  Anyway, the
address  is correct.

Secondly, is anyone planning or willing to bring their  notebook computer
equipped with SKYPE?    Geoff - W0CG,  the  stationmeister of PJ2T, is
presently on Curacao and may want to say HOWDY or  whatever the Papiamento
equivalent is!  HUWDY?

I confirmed the reservation for a private room at Dutch Kitchen ... it will
 be the Rose Room, before you get to the hostess  desk.

Here are the RESPONSES I've received so  far .. MANY yet to be heard from.
 Our date is NOT Black Friday, and  your Thanksgiving guests should be long
gone!

Don K8MFO

YES  ... will  attend.     K8AJS, K8ZH, KB8NW, W1NN, N8MZ, W0JX, K3LR,
W8HB, K8LBT, K8RMC, WB8K, N8KEP, N8LGP, NI8Z,  W8NW,  K8MFO

NO ... cannot make  it.   W3YQ,  K8YSE/7, K8ZBY, KI8L,  N8IW

Greetings from Apple  Creek .

I spoke with the BIG GUN W8NW and we are soliciting  interest for the
annual CQWW CW Luncheon, which has been held for 20 plus  years.

Here is what we came up with  ...

Date:   Wednesday, November 30,   12 noon or so

Where:    Das Dutch Kitchen,   14278 East Lincoln Way, Dalton, OH 44618
 ...  This is US Route 230, between routes 94 and 57.     We  have held the
event here for many years.   Phone number 330 683  0230.   They feature an
excellent salad bar and/or buffet at  lunch.   Service is generally very
good.    We are  usually able to secure a private room for our event.

Please let me know if you are interested in  attending.  I like to provide
a rough number in advance to  DDK.

November 30 is the Wednesday AFTER CQWW  CW.    Gives you a chance to talk
about your score.  If  you don't have a chance to operate the contest, you
can still tell a  believable story, focusing on your superior operating
technique, and how you  could have won, etc!

OK again, please RSVP  ...  I will provide  periodic progress reports on
who will be attending.

INVEVITABLY I miss sending this to someone who would  like to attend.
Please tell me who they are.   Note that this  is hopefully going to the NODXA
mailing list.

Thanks   ...

73

Don  K8MFO