[Nodxa] PROGRESS REPORT CQWW CW Luncheon November 30, 2016

K8MFO at aol.com K8MFO at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 15:20:04 EST 2016

We have had FIVE additions in the last couple  of days, and we're now up to
25 attendees!    Still room for  more!   I will send out the last progress
report next  Monday.

Still looking for someone with SKYPE capability  on their laptop or
whatever device  ...    The PJ2T crew  wants to learn new tricks from the group.
I think they mean radio  related tricks ...

Also, Goose W8AV,  DXCC card checker will  be available to check cards.   I
believe he wants you to do the ONLINE  DXCC endorsement form on the ARRL
web site, and pay your fee in  advance.   Check with him for more  info
w8av at aol.com

Here are the RESPONSES I've received so  far  ... still some to be heard
from .. It's not too late to join  us.

YES  ... will  attend.     K8AJS, K8ZH, KB8NW, W1NN, N8MZ, W0JX, K3LR,
W8HB, K8LBT, K8RMC, WB8K, N8KEP, N8LGP, NI8Z,  W8NW, K8MFO, K3USC, W8AV,  W8AU,
K8KR , N8BM,  N8PW, K8EUR, AF8C, K8ME

NO ... cannot make  it.   W3YQ,  K8YSE/7, K8ZBY, KI8L, N8IW, K4LT, KG9Z,
KD8BBK, N8JBG, KK8K, K8BCK, W9VNE, W8GC

73

Don K8MFO

Greetings from Apple  Creek .

I spoke with the BIG GUN W8NW and we are soliciting  interest for the
annual CQWW CW Luncheon, which has been held for 20 plus  years.

Here is what we came up with  ...

Date:   Wednesday, November 30,  12  noon or so

Where:    Das Dutch Kitchen,   14278 East Lincoln Way, Dalton, OH 44618
 ... This  is US Route 30, between routes 94 and 57.     We have held  the
event here for many years.   Phone number 330 683  0230.   They feature an
excellent salad bar and/or buffet at  lunch.   Service is generally very
good.    We are  usually able to secure a private room for our event.

Please let me know if you are interested in  attending.  I like to provide
a rough number in advance to  DDK.

November 30 is the Wednesday AFTER CQWW  CW.    Gives you a chance to talk
about your score.  If you  don't have a chance to operate the contest, you
can still tell a believable  story, focusing on your superior operating
technique, and how you could have  won, etc!

OK again, please RSVP  ...  I will provide  periodic progress reports on
who will be attending.

INVEVITABLY I miss sending this to someone who would  like to attend.
Please tell me who they are.   Note that this is  hopefully going to the NODXA
mailing list.

Thanks   ...

73

Don  K8MFO