[Nodxa] ARRL VHF Contest Today

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 11:08:11 EDT 2018

A reminder that the June ARRL VHF Contest starts at 2pm EDT today, and runs through 11pm EDT Sunday night.

This is typically the biggest VHF activity event of the year, so don't miss it! If you radio covers six meters, find an antenna, any antenna, and check things out. 40 meter dipoles are typically the best commonly available HF antenna, but if it will load . . .   !

Exchange is your four digit grid square. Contacts are once per band, but it doesn't matter what mode. Cross mode (typically CW to SSB) are common.

I'm not on FT8, but if you are, be sure to check the VHF CONTEST mode so you send your grid square rather than signal level.

Hope to catch lots of you. I'll be using two cool modes, a digital mode called "A1", and a high throughput analog mode called "A3j".

73  -  Jim    K8MR