[Nodxa] November 27 Luncheon FINAL REPORT

METRO SINKO metro351 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 25 14:21:52 EST 2019

 Please include W8MET and N8LRS....73

     On Monday, November 25, 2019, 2:02:01 PM EST, k8mfo--- via Nodxa <nodxa at lists.contesting.com> wrote:

 See you on Wednesday!    People start showing up at 1130 or so.   We will be in the ROSE ROOM, right within the "gift shop" area.   ORDER whenever you please  ...   I do not believe that the TIP is included in your bill ... please ask and check if you can.

Here is a current update on  who is/who is not able to make the luncheon.   Look closely at who is coming  --- quite a varied group, at least 10 of whom have operated from outside the USA, MOST with actual licenses!    We have experts in many aspects of ham radio --- what an opportunity to "pick some brains" ...
The following have relayed their intentions!  How about others?  You don't want to miss out on the fun!
ATTENDING:  K3LR, AF8C**, K8AJS, K8AL, K8CW, K8JPM, K8KR (+?),  K8LBT + XYL, K8MFO, K8MNJ, K8RMC,  K8RYU, K8ZH* *, KB8NW and LINDA, KI8L, KK8K,  N8BM, N8KEP, N8LGP, N8MZ, N8PW, NI8Z, W8AV, W8HB, W8NW, W0JX, WB8K

** Leaning towards having the time of his/her life...

NOT ATTENDING: AD8CW, K3USC, K8MR, K8ROK, K8ROX, K8YSE, K8ZBY,  KE8G, KG9Z ,KZ8Y, N8DCJ,  N8GLS,  NF8R, NX8G,  W1NN. W8CAR. W8GC, W8JGU, W8PT, W8XD

Goose - W8AV, our fully authorized ARRL card checker, will be on hand to check cards, if you have any.   If you have any questions on what you need to do to prepare for this, contact Goose directly at w8av at aol.com

Many have yet to reply
73
Don K8MFO

Here is the announcement you've all been waiting for, the Post CQWW CW Luncheon!   I just realized that we've been doing this for 30 years or so!  It started only a few of us ... K8ZH, AD8CW, W8AV, and myself.    The first few were at  a local tavern.   Then we realized that we had trouble staying awake for the contest!   Anyway, that is no longer an issue, as we have the luncheon on the Wednesday after the CQWW CW DX Contest.
Here are the rough details ...
Date:   Wednesday, November 27,  12 noon or so.   Several people arrive early. Where:    Das Dutch Kitchen,  14278 East Lincoln Way, Dalton, OH 44618      ... This is US Route 230, between routes 94 and 57.     We have held the event here for many years.   Phone number 330 683 0230.   They feature an excellent salad bar and/or buffet at lunch.   Service is generally very good.    We have the ROSE ROOM  for our event. Please let me know if you are interested in attending.  I like to provide a rough number in advance to DDK.