[Nodxa] NODXA Monthly Meetings

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) kb8nw at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 5 02:00:00 EDT 2020

To NODXA Members,
  As you know, the coronavirus situation is increasing every day. It has
become a serious and scary situation that none of us have ever seen. Many
amateur radio clubs have decided to cancel their April and May meetings.
I also feel that NODXA will not have our monthly meetings during these
months. It is official, the April 6th, May 4th and possibly June (we will
wait and see for now) membership meetings are canceled.
  As far as June's ARRL Field Day goes, this year's event may also change
if you read the latest ARRL Letter. The League seems to be promoting
social distancing (due to some state and local requirements) and is
encouraging club members to operate from their home stations on emergency
power (Class E). This event is still a few months away and things can
change.
  Also during this unique situation, Wayne, K8FF, is encouraging club
 members to get on bands and operate, by running a NODXA "Old Timers
Boredom Net" on 10 meters. The net is on 28.480 MHz, on Thursday night
at 8:30 EDT (0030Z) plus or minus QRM. There was a great turnout on the
net's first night. Thanks Wayne for starting it, and since we can not
have a club meeting, this is a great way to check-up on everyone. So
please check-in next week.
  For now, I hope everyone stays healthy in the coming months. Get on
the bands and work something. Let's hope that this situation goes away
soon so we can all get back to normal.
                          73 and Good DX, de Tedd KB8NW

Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:
<kb8nw at hotmail.com> or <kb8nw at arrl.net>
Editor of the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin (OPDX - DXer's Tool of Excellence)
President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)
DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society
ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division
Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)