[Nodxa] Amateur License Plates

john at papays.com john at papays.com
Thu Apr 16 14:50:47 EDT 2020

If you have ham plates that are coming up for renewal like me, here's
what the Ohio BMV told me to do during a phone conversation with them
today.

My truck needed an e-check this year and that requirement is waived.

Normally you would appear at the License Bureau with a copy of your
amateur radio license and get your stickers.  It seemed to me that a
while back they stopped accepting mail in renewals for ham plates, but
the customer service guy said that was always an option.

So now, to renew your plate, simply sign and return the form you
received in the mail along with a copy of your amateur license plus the
fee and you will get your stickers.  He said that it is taking about a
month to turn around an application.  Renewing online is not an option
for us.

73 and good luck in the contest,

John K8YSE