[Nodxa] FT8 expossed

john at papays.com john at papays.com
Thu Dec 16 15:47:20 EST 2021

 If you think you are the smart one, better think again:

W6KSR - Ed Little
 @W6KSR

Still think CW purists are rough on FT8 operators?

Me: I talked to a guy in Thailand this morning!
Wife: No, you didn't. Your MacBook talked to a PC in Thailand while you
were at the kitchen counter making coffee.

Douglas Tabor, N6UA
 @dtabor

Replying to
@W6KSR [1]

Hard to argue with that logic. I'm sure a computer could do CW
autonomously if it parses CQ de HS# ... I'm sure someone has done that.
But where is the sport in that?

 W6KSR - Ed Little

 @W6KSR

Yeah, that's a whole nother hornet's nest. There is automated CW, and
the CW purists aren't too keen on that either.

apaJohn Papay
@k8yse

Replying to
@W6KSR [1]

The wife gets it.

Speex
 @speexvocon
·

Replying to
@W6KSR [1]

but you clicked the button!! The computer can't do that!!

Tobias
@AC7FD_Tobias

Replying to
@W6KSR [1]