[Nodxa] "On-The-Air" Club Meeting; Funding 3Y0J and 7P8RU (Reminder)

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) kb8nw at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:00:07 EDT 2021

Fellow DXers,
   As you know, the coronavirus situation still continues, and everyone
is still being cautious by practicing social distancing. NODXA has not
had an indoor membership meeting since August 2nd, but we have
conducted some "On-The-Air" club meetings over the past year. The next
"On-The-Air" club meeting will be on November 4th, during the NODXA 10
meters net (on 28480 kHz [+/- QRM] at 8:30 EDT (0030Z) by net controller
Wayne, K8FF. As usual, Wayne will start the net with check-in and then
one around of comments. The meeting should be short as we conduct some
club business.
   Some of the business we will be conducting is voting on funding for
two DXpeditions. First is the Russian 7P8RU DXpedition to Lesotho.
Vasily, R7AL, informed me Sunday morning that the team will be there
3 more days and has made 65k QSOs so far. He also mentioned that they
will be on 60m Sunday night. I told Vasily that at the last NODXA 10
meter net, it seemed favorable that the club would be interested in
sending another donation to this group and he is looking forward to our
vote on Thursday. TO GET AHEAD OF THE GAME, if you worked 7P8RU, PLEASE
send me your callsigns (just your callsign) to receive LoTW credit/
endorsement. After the vote on Thursday (if funding is approved), I
will E-mail them the list of NODXA members who worked 7P8RU so you can
receive instant LoTW credit/endorsement.
   The second funding of a DXpedition is the 3Y0J Bouvet Island
operation.  The club received an E-mail (last week) for a request of
funds. The club had already allocated $500 (back in June) for this
operation, but it was put on hold (tabled) to possibly increase this
donation.
   If you can not make the "On-The-Air" club meeting, send me your
thoughts about the above topics, if not, I hope to hear you on the
frequency Thursday night...... 73 de Tedd KB8NW

--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:
<kb8nw at hotmail.com>  and<kb8nw at arrl.net>