[Nodxa] Fwd: W1NN Pre-estate Sale Part 2

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 11:26:47 EDT 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: Hal Offutt <hal at japancorporateresearch.com>
To: JIM STAHL <jimk8mr at aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Jul 27, 2022 11:04 am
Subject: W1NN Pre-estate Sale Part 2

  Hello All,

 Still slimming down.  Here's another list of items that I'd like to dispose of.  It's probably not the last list, but getting close.  Will listen to offers.  Will send pictures.  On the air demos ok.

 1.  Drake L7 Kilowatt Amplifier with Power Supply - $800

 Purchased by me in 1984.  I used it until 1999 but not since then except a couple of times to test it.  In 2014, John AC8E helped me rebuild the power supply with the W8CQ L7 Replacement Power Supply Module.  Since then it's been stored in the closet of my second story shack (ie a dry place).  Presently set up for 120 Volt use but it can and probably should be changed to operate with 240 volts (easy to do).  Keep in mind that this amp does not operate on 10 Meters, but I have directions for modifying it so you can use it on 10.  Cosmetically very good.  Have original manual and box for the power supply.  I've had some CW QSOs recently and it seems to be working fine.  If you buy it and have problems within the first couple of weeks, I'll discuss a refund with you.

 2.  Nye-Viking Kilowatt Antenna Tuner $150

 Bought for $450 in 1985.  Pristine condition and works fine except that the built-in power and SWR meters don't work.  Getting at the meter boards is a PITA so I never tried to fix.  Cosmetically excellent.  Original manual and carton.  This thing has one humongous variable capacitor inside.  Will handle over 3,000 watts (according to the manual).   To quote from a friend who has one:  Regarding the Nye Viking tuner... not sure about 3000 watts...but once, and only once I ran 2200 watts of RTTY through it for about   a ten minute stretch in a contest and and not a peep or an explosion.  $150 is a bargain.
  screw the meters.
  But alas I already have one...
 3.  Yaesu FT-757GXII HF Radio - $300

 I bought this around 1987 so I could operate mobile in the PAQSO Party and used it for that and similar mobile events for about 18 years.  Little used since 2005 or so.  Recently tested on all bands CW and SSB and works fine.  Perfectly adequate for a home station.  Includes mic, amp switch box, original manual and carton.

 4.  Hallicrafters S38B -  $100
  Bought a few years ago to display it in my shack for nostalgic reasons - it's the model I used as a Novice.  This one is in very nice shape and works almost as well as it ever did (which is not saying much).  A previous owner touched up a couple of scratches but did a good job and it looks very good.

 5.  Fred Bear Bow & Arrow Set - $50

 Get those wires high in the trees!  60" Fred Bear bow with 12 red arrows and string tracker device that attaches to bow.  Shoot an arrow over a tree with the string attached and use that string to pull your support rope back over the tree  Archery glove included.
  Pick up at my place in Medina or will discuss delivery within 30-40 miles. 73,
  Hal W1NN  (formerly K8HVT)
  Medina, Ohio