[Nodxa] Update on the April 1st NODXA Meeting

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org
Tue Apr 2 18:09:05 EDT 2024

Hello Members,
   Here are the following details of the April 1st NODXA meeting.

    * T2C QSLs were passed out. I still have QSLs for the following
individuals which
       can be picked up at next meeting or send a SAE to me: K3USC,
AA8OY, K8MFO,
       K8ZM, KZ8Y, N8DJX, NA8A, W8AV and W0JX

    * OFFICERS RE-ELECTED FOR 2024-2025. The following members of Northern
       Ohio DX Association (NODXA) were re-elected (under a white
ballot) to serve as
      officers between May 2024 and May 2025:
          President:           Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
          Vice President:    Dennis Stuber,   K8LBT
          Secretary:          Glenn Williams,  AF8C
          Treasurer:          Mary Michaelis,  N8DMM

   * The following DXpeditions were voted on to receive a donation by
the club:
        - A8OK Republic of Liberia -- between April 4-19th, special
prefix, 160-6m including
          60m,  QO-100, IO-117, RS-44, on modes
CW/SSB/RTTY/PSK31/FT8/FT4/PKT
          Web page: https://www.cdxp.cz

        -  FT4GL Glorioso Island -- between May 24th and June 19th,
160-10m including
           60m, on modes SSB/RTTY/FT8/FT4
           Web page: https://ft4gl.blogspot.com
<https://ft4gl.blogspot.com/>

        - N5J Jarvis Island -- August 5-17th, 160-6 meters, on modes
CW/SSB/FT8. The
           team will install 6 RIB stations and have 24 remote operators
           Web page: http://jarvisisland2024.com

        - CY9C St. Paul Island, between August 26th and September 5th,
They state,
           " Notably, St. Paul is ranked as very highly wanted on CW and
digital as many
           European and Asian stations still lack CY9 on those modes.
Our experienced
           DXpedition team estimates that we will make 50,000 to 70,000
contacts on all
           bands, 160-6 meters. We will also have an EME and Satellite
station active."
           Web page: https://t-rexsoftware.com/cy9c/index.htm

   As this was being written, the donations have been sent and a "Thank
You" has been
received from all DXpedition. Some operations have already (or will
soon) post our
club logo on their Web pages.

IMPORTANT ADDED REMINDER!!!! It is time to renew your club dues. The club's
fiscal year is between May 2024 and May 2025. Your dues help support the
club and
fund many DXpeditions.

73 de Tedd KB8NW (NODXA President/OPDX Editor)

--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:
<kb8nw at hotmail.com>  and<kb8nw at arrl.net>