[Orion] Orion as an IF for transverters

rbeersr at ev1.net rbeersr at ev1.net
Mon Dec 1 14:11:43 EST 2003

Has anyone tried the Orion as an IF for VHF / UHF transverters? I am
wondering how well the receiver functions when you add the gain from
antenna mounted preamps and the transverter as well? I posed this
question once before with no replies. So may I assume that no one has
tried this feature on the Orion?  If anyone knows someone who has tried
this mode of operation with the Orion but who is not on this reflector,
could you send me his call so that I can contact him. Just want to do
some "due diligence" before sending in my order.  Thanks  Dick W5AK