[Orion] Re: Don't send it back!

Salina Physician Anesthesia spa at tri.net
Tue Dec 16 20:54:59 EST 2003

My post about RF in the shack was intended for information, not rejection.
I'm an anesthesiologist and know that medical knowledge is limited by fear
of litigation when misadventures are published.  More harm is done by lack
of that information than is prevented by someone lining his pocketbook by
misrepresenting things that just do happen.  Enough of that.

This list is I think providing a real service to the community by serving as
a collecting area for those things that happen.  I might guess (or hope)
that as some hardware is improved, better processors, etc that the Orion
might serve as a box for some new boards just as new software has been
provided.

No mind all of this:  If you are going to operate this rig rather than just
set it on the desk, keep the Orion.  You won't do better. And if there ever
was a patchable rig, this might be it.

> OK, I would like some immediate input from Ten-Tec on this!
> I have an ORION here , close to the 30 day evaluation timeout.
>
> There has been issues reported lately that don't look like SW download fixes=

FWIW:  My shack is on the second floor of my house in a room completely
surrounded by wire on 12 inch grid spacing and then with aluminum foil such
as used for reflective insulation.  Except for large picture windows!!!! to
enjoy the views around 270 degrees.  It provides basically a large bus for
LF ground and some lightning protection.  Antenna is 35 ft above that.

N0UU