[Orion] IC -7800

Yocius yocius at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 1 13:06:30 EST 2004

     Just an observation  -  what in blue blazes does an Icom gizmo doing in TT pages anyway !?  Does somebody have a guilty conscience  or something . I prefer to let the device stand on it's own merit regardless of cost , Be it  IC-7800 or TT Orion  and when it comes down to nitty-gritty  either one of them probably has less than   $150.00  worth of parts in them but the makers will argue that they have ' ten thousand man years' invested in engineering them , and so it goes.
   You can be sure of one thing that  there are radios , Gov.. as well as commercial that cost many times the 13K  with performance to match - and easily outdo, those of Orion and 7800 , but then they are not  considered ham gear ! By the way what the hell is a ham ?
  I thought that ham was someone that built their own gear - or am I missing something?!