[Orion] Are contesters switching to the Orion

Charlie, W0YG w0yg at myawai.com
Sat Apr 17 12:28:16 EDT 2004

I am in an in-depth discussion with folks on the Icom 756 PRO II Yahoo
Reflector about contesters switching to the Orion.  I made the statement
that contesters are fast making the Orion the contest radio de jour.  One
subscriber stated this:

>Just curious, what do you base this statement on? What recent >major DX
expeditions have used exclusively Orion radios? My >understanding is that
the high end Orions have reliability >problems.

>I know many recent major DX efforts have used either Icom or >Yaesu. I also
know Orion has several very vocal supporters >but I seriously doubt
"contesters" as a group are switching >in any significant numbers to Orion.

I know that many many prominent contesters have switched to the Orion.  If
you have switched, how about a quick e-mail to me off-line letting me know
what you switched from.

Many thanks all,

Charlie, W0YG..>>