[Orion] Wiring Orion <-> Soundcard

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Aug 31 07:25:46 EDT 2004

W3DQ wrote:
 >With my Omni, I went directly from the microphone into the 'mic in'',
but also fed the card with RX audio ('line in') for decoding off the
air and the radio from the line out".

         I agree with Rein, LINE OUT (yellow phono plug
on Pin 4 of the AUX I/O cable assembly) is Orion's
fixed level output which should be fed to LINE IN on
the Soundcard.  I use this with a couple of different
audio analysis programs (DSP Blaster and Spectrogram)
and it works fine with both.  I don't know about the
microphone input to the sound card, since I only use
my microphone directly connected to Orion's front panel.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV