[Orion] Switching between two Transverters on the Orion

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Mon Nov 8 09:45:03 EST 2004

I have been using a DEMI 6M transverter with the Orion.  Although I am
having a minor problem with it, which may lie in the transverter and not
the Orion, it is working quite well.  I recently picked up a used DEMI
2M transverter and would like to be able to switch between the two.  It
would be necessary to switch three lines: RX IF, TX IF and the XVRTR
KEY.  Assuming I were to use coax for all the connections, are there any
special precautions to observe regarding the switch type and wiring?  Is
such a switch advisable at all?  In other words would I be taking a
chance in compromising transverter receive performance?

I'd appreciate any input on these questions.

Tnanks and 73,

Joe
K2XX