[Orion] Powering the fan and 238B from the Orion?

Ralph Irish w8roi at peoplepc.com
Tue Sep 14 11:05:21 EDT 2004

Eric & group

I will be very surprised if the extra couple of panel lamps
will overload that 13.8VDC output on the ORION's back panel.
If it does, shame on Ten Tec!  I would have to find the
manual and check to see if there is a load limit on that
connector, but I suspect that you could power some keyers,
or voice keyers from it, along with the fans.  THAT IS JUST
A GUESS, HOWEVER, BASED ON MY CONFIDENCE IN TEN TEC!  You
Cc-ed them in your message, and I did likewise in my reply,
so I suspect that someone there will put out the word.

73,

Ralph - W8ROI