[Orion] Aux I/O

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 00:01:01 EDT 2005

hi John,

should read about 4.5 volts,  you could actually connect this directly to TX
data on your rs232 port on the PC to transmit FSK.  ( sig ground to sig
ground of course )

i use a 4n29 opti isolator with a resistor & Diode.  It inverts the TX
signal,  but the menu system on the Orion allows you to invert the input as
well so didn't have to add any other circuitry.

You know it is working when you set up FSK and you ground the FSK pin to sig
ground and the frequency shifts.

Let me know how it works out,  I really love the FSK on the Orion, it is
very stable and pure.

Rich
k5SF