[Orion] firmware Questions

skip k3cc at fast.net
Wed Jan 5 13:54:05 EST 2005

I've been reading the mail for a while and also I have made some comments
about the Orion's Firmware problems.  I got my Orion in September or 2004.

The AGC seems to have problems with popping as I think the Agc is released.
Sweep display and transceiver freezing and needs reset
I use a Heil Proline mic and cable I purchased from TT and it seems that the
mic gain has to be set at almost 100%
Key Clicks @ 20- 30 wpm
some other problem but not as bad as the above.

Do all Orion's have this ????  I see guy's on the Ten Tec reflector saying
they never had any problem with their radio.  How can this be if it's in the
firmware ?????????

de Skip     K3CC