[Orion] firmware Questions

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Wed Jan 5 16:12:52 EST 2005

Joe, I really can't say.  I was using a TT 706 and couldn't advance the
gain enough on the front panel to get the ALC to light unless I
screamed.  I talked to Paul and he mentioned the circuit board trimmer
and suggested I make that adjustment with the front panel set at 50.  I
ended up adjusting the trimmer to its maximum and when I adjust the
front panel at about 65, I get normal ALC peaks.  I had a few QSO's
with complementary reports and that is as far as I've taken it.  Now I
very seldom operate on SSB but just wanted to make sure that it was
working properly before I had the rig too long.  That's really as much
as I know.

GL, Gary W7TEA