[Orion] ver 1.372

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Fri Aug 11 16:17:02 EDT 2006

Upgrade to 1.373b5.  http://members.cox.net/wc4r/Orionfirmware.html

> Phone is of very poor quality with low audio using the Heil
> mic or D-104 Audio quality is very nasal with highs accentuated.

Have you adjusted the TX EQ?  Whatever else one may or may not like about
it, the v1 Orion has VERY GOOD transmit audio.  It sounds like you have TX
EQ out of whack.  Or maybe your D-104 element is on its last leg?  Or you're
using that HC-4 DX element?

> The main rcvr is very quiet on 160 and 80 during contest on
> cw strong signals distort with the RF gain turned down,
> almost as AGC overload.

Something doesn't sound right about that.  What AGC speed are you using?

Grant/NQ5T