[Orion] installed firmware

GILBERT KAUFFMAN k3cc at verizon.net
Sun Oct 15 15:45:03 EDT 2006

After a problem with the firmware install, I finally got it in the radio.
My Orion 565 is like a new radio.  I used it during the PAQSO Party and it
worked for 9 hours without crashing, freezing etc.

The NB seems to not effect the radio.  NR has some/very reduction in noise
and the AN, is ineffectual

The xmit SSB audio quality is excellent with the Heil Studio One.

I have to work on the CW.  I didn't play enough to get a gud handle on it,
but it works and sounds gud.  No clicks on xmit.  The rcve has no agc
problems with the rcve audio at 30 plus wpm.   I used an external cw keyer
from my computer .

Tnxs to all who helped me

de Skip  K3CC