[Orion] new manual

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Sun Oct 22 16:15:20 EDT 2006

Yep, those were things added to the Classic Orion more or less by popular demand. CW  additions are explained in detail on page 31 of the second edition of the Classic manual, downloadable at rfsquared.

Until you can download the manual.....
There was a lot of racket at first by those who used the PTT line as a keyer line. So now you can choose to key the rig from the PTT switch, and to use it as a keying line or not as you choose.

Sidetone pitch is obvious, as is the dot/dash ratio setting under CW weighting. Higher weight makes the dots/dashes last longer (shorten the inteval between them) while maintaining the same speed.  Internal keyer off or on depends on your setup, I use both the internal keyer and a memory keyer to the ACC key line.

CW delay? Zero for my setup, yours may differ. CW rise/fall - set it too short and your rig generates key clicks.

Filter taps - the more taps the steeper the DSP generated filter skirts are. The 199 default gives you the sharpest DSP filtering, making signals at the edge of the passband disappear. Fewer taps means more space between the edge of the nominal passband and the point you can't hear 'em anymore.

How you set the Curtis Keyer mode A or B function probably depends on how your first keyer was set. Most prefer A, some prefer B, but you got a choice. Setitlikeyoulikeit.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
--
Amateur Radio, emergency communications when all else fails

From: "GILBERT KAUFFMAN" <k3cc at verizon.net>