[Orion] Fw: no PTT

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 11:39:39 EST 2007

> >I lost the PTT on Orion I
> >  I use a Heil adapter with a foot switch and headset.  Both
> adapter and
> > foot switch are working fine  VOX works ok This seems dumb
> it should be
> > just a switch  open or closed  what stupid setup did TenTec use ???

It IS just a stupid switch open or closed -- typical stupid setup :-)

Are you sure your Heil thingy is working all the way through the connector?
Did you try something other than the Heil assembly -- like a just a shorting
wire on the radio's mic connector?  How about the PTT line in the AUX
connector?  If none of that works, did you do a radio reset, just to
eliminate that as a variable?

Grant/NQ5T