[Orion] OMNI VII keyer upgrade

dbp at tds.net dbp at tds.net
Tue Oct 9 20:51:44 EDT 2007

 To: the list and ditsnbits-
I have an OMNI VII with the 300 Hz filter, this is a super rig on CW. Easy to use, hot receiver, and excellent DSP. I also have an ORION II it is also equipped with a narrow filter for CW. It can pick out signals that I don't know are there until I start utilizing all of its receiver controls.
 My issue is the OMNI VII keyer. To me the weighting adjustments are not sufficient to allow  it to produce CW characters that match the ORION II. I'd like to see the CW weighting function be increased from 24% max to match the ORION II. I run the ORION II at 150% weighting. Next to it the OMNI VII sounds choppy.
 In addition, what are the chances of adding a simple memory keyer function to the OMNI VII keyer- three memories like the ORION II.
 Any suggestions?

73 de Dave in NH  K1OPQ