[Orion] Hash noise OrionII

Steven Kline skline4 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 1 11:57:14 PST 2010

Hello Larry,

Saw your note to Mike and reference to AGC Programable settings.  With all the changes in AGC from 565 to OII (566) I have lost sense of the variable settings, aside from the original recommended settings for DX, contesting, etc. that I came across several years ago at least that were posted for the 565.  AGC was at one time a heavy discussion item on the thread, and not sure if everyone just gave up because they couldn't really detect a significant difference between what they program and the defaults applied to standard slow-medium-fast presets.

Would be interested to hear what settings you have found best for various operating conditions or contest or DX for the programable AGC?  I understand conditions change so hence the settings somewhat

Thanks,
Steve - W5JK